Welcome to our blog!
Here you will find contributions from our writers including: articles, interviews, reviews, creative writing tips, and more. Just hover over the blog tab on the menu to make your choice.
We’re a creative bunch with lots of different interests and specialisms and this is where we will share these with you.
Featured Blog Post: Monster: The Story So Far- Jazmin Hill
On behalf of everyone on the Monster Anthology team, I would like to begin by saying a huge thank you for all of the support we have received so far. This book means so much to us as for many, it will be the first time we have had our work in print. We are so excited to share it with you, and we are glad to have you with us along the way! In this blog post, I will be telling you a bit more about our book, what we have done so far, and our plans to take it forward. The book is now available to order at the reduced pre-sale price of £5. To order your copy, email our team at email@example.com
About the book
Monster is an anthology containing poetry, scripts, and prose from students and teaching staff from Nottingham Trent’s Creative Writing MA. It will also feature guest submissions from Jonathon Taylor, Kim Slater, and Megan Taylor. Contributors were given the freedom to interpret and respond to the theme in their own way, and the submissions we have received so far have been excellent. The Nottingham City of Literature have also kindly featured us on their website.
We are currently in the process of organising our launch party which will take place on Thursday 27th October at The Canal House. Further details will be released closer to the time.
We are also having a joint event with last year’s anthology, Black Balloon. This will be on Friday 1st July at the National Video Game Arcade on Carlton Street. Time to be confirmed.
The story so far
Here’s a few things we have been doing since our campaign launched:
- We have launched this website where you can meet our team, read sneak peeks, and pre-order our book.
- We have made a promotional video which can be viewed on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeDPYFdigvg or on our home page.
- We have chosen our front cover which has been designed by the wonderful Jasmin Issaka
- We have set a date for our launch event and started planning.
- We have started to speak to local businesses and book shops about promoting and selling our book (the details of these are secret at the moment, but details will be on our website once everything is confirmed!)
- We have had submissions in from most of our contributors and are starting the editing process
- We have raised over £300 on our kickstarted campaign on https://hubbub.org/p/ntumonster and this will help us to fund the production and promotion of our anthology.
So what next?
Over the next few months we will be focusing on the editing and formatting of our book. We will also be finalising the details of our launch party as well as holding a few pre-launch events, all of which will be on our events page.